There’s nothing more convenient than using a cordless pole saw to trim the tree limbs and branches. They are lightweight, less noisy, and there are no hassles of tangled cables. But buying the best cordless pole saw isn’t that easy as it sounds! To assist you in buying a good cordless pole chain saw, we curated this buying guide. Go through the guide to know about the factors you should check before purchasing a cordless pole saw.
A Glimpse of Factors:
- Bar length
- Pole size
- Power of the blade
- Battery life
The bar length is the size of the cutting deck. Some cordless pole saws have an 8-inch bar, whereas some have a 10-inch or even bigger bar. The size of the bar depends on the type of tree branches you want to trim.
For bigger branches, we recommend pole saws with a 10-inch bar.
The pole size impacts the reach of the saw. These saws come with fixed and telescoping poles. Check the size of the pole to ensure that it’s sufficient to trim the branches. Else, you have to stand on a chair, and that can be highly inconvenient.
A pro tip: Buying cordless pole saws with a telescoping pole is a great idea as you can quickly adjust the length depending on your requirement.
Power of the blade
The new cordless pole saws are as powerful as the gas-powered ones. Determine the power of the motor to ensure that it can cut through anywhere.
The comfort comprises a lot of things such as the handle grip, auto-tensioning, and auto-lubrication. If you need ultimate comfort and convenience with a pole saw, look for these features.
Some of them even come with an auto-priming function that keeps the chain lubricated to prevent corrosion and other damages.
Don’t overlook the battery life when buying a cordless electric pole saw. Some pole saws offer a runtime of around 30-minutes on a complete charge.
Buy a pack of additional batteries when buying a pole saw to extend its runtime.
The weight impacts the ease of handling the pole chainsaw and for how long you can use it. Usually, cordless pole chainsaws are lightweight and weigh around 10 pounds or so. Going for a lightweight option will be best, as even the elderly can use it without any issues.
With this detailed best cordless pole saw buying guide, it’ll be easier for you to buy the best one. Make a list of pole saws that are in your budget, and compare them using this guide.
Lastly, don’t forget to go through the customer reviews to know more about the performance, battery life, and other such things in a pole saw.
Comparison Table For Top 10 Cordless Pole Saw:
Greenworks 8.5′ 40V Cordless Pole Saw
One of the few cordless poles saw a powerful battery running at 40V and lasted for at least six continuous use hours. The pole enlargement from six to eight feet can get done with a simple button press.
The 2Amp battery is included in the package. You also have a great handle to catch the pole saw; no need to worry about accidents at work. Another significant aspect is that you don’t have to lubricate the saw all the time since an automatic oiler is attached to do the hard job for you. Greenworks also gives a money-back guarantee for all its items.
Out of 100
- A lightweight device that anyone can handle.
- More powerful battery to last longer than before.
- Chain tensioning can easily adjust with no hassle.
- It can extend up to 8 feet high to reach all kinds of trees.
- The device is not compatible with other Greenwork batteries.
- It comes only with one charger that is not included in the guarantee.
DEWALT 20V MAX XR Pole Saw
You can recharge the battery for up to 1,000 cycles giving the best economy and ecology to people who decide to use it.
This pole saw has been the first one to reach heights up to 15 feet. That gave gardeners the chance to cut branches of trees and plants that are far beyond their reach. It has a brushless motor that needs no extra lubricant to work. The chain oiling can happen naturally without the need for an external oiler. The pole saw comes in black and yellow color, and its body is made from stainless steel and rigid plastic parts.
Out of 100
- It comes with a 3-year guarantee.
- The chain is made from quality metal with no oxidization!
- It has an easy-grip for proper handling and avoids accidents.
- It can give you up to 96 cuts per charge.
- It needs more time to charge than other models.
- Its brushless motor can overheat sometimes.
WORX WG323 20V Power Share Cordless
The Worx pole saw has a long extension that can reach up to 12 feet and become one of your favorite tools. It weighs only 10 pounds and is more compact and durable than anything else you have seen online.
There is also a Li-Ion battery that you can recharge for more than 1,000 cycles and give you 8 hours of constant functioning. Users can straighten the chain easier than before. Not to mention that the automatic oil lubrication works fabulously. It is made from quality stainless steel alloys and plastic parts that are durable to moisture and rust.
Out of 100
- You can get fast and clean cuts.
- Working overhead is easy since it’s lightweight.
- It carries the same batteries as other Worx models.
- It has a safety stop button to avoid accidents.
- There is no soft plastic on the grip.
- Vibrations can disturb you when cutting branches.
CRAFTSMAN V20 Pole Saw
It comes with a powerful battery with enormous capacity running at 20Amp and having more than 1,500 recharging cycles. The most impressive feature of this pole saw remains the lightweight profile, making it easy for anybody to work overhead for a long time.
Another useful feature would be that this pole saw can lubricate itself using the integrated oiler. You also don’t have to worry about the brushless motor giving you more torque than anything you have seen so far. Finally, this Craftsman pole saw can also work as a regular chain saw, only by removing the extension branches.
Out of 100
- It works with any Li-Ion battery.
- It gives more power to cut branches and lumber.
- The pole saw comes with a 3-year guarantee.
- There is also a soft grip to remove vibrations.
- It has less runtime when used for more extended periods.
- You cannot easily change blades using one key.
Greenworks PRO 80V 10” Brushless Cordless Polesaw
Another useful feature is that the user touches a very soft handle facilitating cuts that need more time.
The battery is unanimous to all Greenworks models, so you don’t need to worry about replacement. This model also has one key to remove the blades, and the chain saw, so forget all the toolboxes you used to carry before. The brushless motor gives it a competitive edge over all the other competitors.
Out of 100
- The pole saw can work for 8 hours before the battery dies.
- It has a brushless motor giving more torque and longer life.
- The rapid charger is included in the initial package.
- The chain also gets lubricated from the automatic oiler.
- It cannot reach more than 12 feet in height.
- The pole saw uses only specific Greenworks oil.
Oregon Cordless PS250 8-Inch 40V Telescoping Pole Saw
The pole saw comes with a particular case you can place all the independent tools together with the charger. You can use either AC or DC power network to charge it.
There is also an automatic oiler adjusted to the motor to help lubricate moving compartments. Not to mention that the ergonomic design makes it comfortable to work with it for several hours.
Out of 100
- The pole saw weighs less than 14 pounds.
- It is made from stainless steel and plastic.
- The powerful battery can recharge more than 1,000 times.
- It comes with a 3-year guarantee and after-sales service.
- The motor may overheat after continuous use.
- You need to provide it only the registered oil.
WEN 40421 40V Max Lithium Ion Cordless Pole Saw
This pole saw can reach items that are 15 feet higher from the ground. You can use this model’s cordless feature to work away from a power source for more than six hours straight.
Its greatest quality is the lightweight profile since it weighs only 8.8 pounds, making it the lightest pole saw you will ever have. You also have access to a brushless motor that helps prevent malfunctions and gives a prolonged life to the saw. You may also use it as a chain saw when you don’t need the extension pole.
Out of 100
- The battery can recharge more than 1,000 times.
- The hard case is included in the initial offer.
- You can work one-handed with the best grip handle.
- The emissions-free motor lets you work in public gardens.
- Its chain is hard to remove with only one wrench.
- The oiler needs more lubrication than other models.
Powerworks PSP301 XB 40V 8-Inch Cordless Polesaw
The battery is the latest Li-Ion technology working at 20 Amp and giving power for more than 6 hours straight. The pole saw also has a soft-touch handle to reduce all vibrations coming from the motor to your body.
When you are done with heights, you can remove all parts using a simple wrench. The case that comes with the pole saw makes it easy to store the various parts and carry them with you. The brushless motor makes the least noise and gives you enough torque to cut the hardest wooden parts.
Out of 100
- It has an extremely lightweight design.
- The battery has a 2-year guarantee.
- It is made from stainless steel to prevent rust.
- The saw is compatible with other Powerworks models.
- Powerworks oil is hard to replace.
- You need to work with both hands to stabilize it.
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Pole Saw
This pole saw carries a powerful brushless motor delivering enough torque for all the usual gardening cuts. The extension pole is made from soft metal alloys that weigh less and can have anti-rust proof. It can expand to 14 feet and help you reach branches and plants otherwise challenging to approach.
Gardeners can use the pole saw as a normal chain saw if you remove the extension pole. The battery remains active for more than 8 hours of continuous use. Then you can recharge it in less than an hour. You also get a 3-year limited guarantee for the pole saw.
Out of 100
- There is an automatic oiler for lubrication.
- The chain is easy to replace with a usual wrench.
- It is made from plastic and stainless steel for comfort.
- You can use the extension pole to work overhead.
- The warranty doesn’t cover the battery.
- The item is not eligible for worldwide shipping.
Ryobi One+ 8 in. 18-Volt 9.5 ft. Cordless Electric Pole Saw
The batteries are 18 Volt Li-Ion giving you more reliability and energy for up to 6 hours or 100 cuts.
The brushless motor can give quiet functioning and great reliability. It can also increase the life span of the motor to stay with you for numerous years. The extension pole can help you reach objects that are 12 feet higher from the ground. The pole saw comes with its case, the extension pole, and a set of chains and wrenches for you to remove its parts easier than ever before.
Out of 100
- Ryobi gives a 3-year limited guarantee.
- There are a lot of spare parts to find on the market.
- The pole saw has an automatic oiler for extra lubrication.
- The chain saw works as efficiently as the pole saw separately.
- You need to have the specific Ryobi oil for replacement.
- Plastics can fade away if left under the sun for a long time.